Blockchain Technology Review7167 2018-12-26 01:20
A blockchain is an incorruptible distributed ledger that is…
- Hosted by multiple parties
- Secured by crypto algorithms
- Append-only/immutable and thus verifiable in data storage
- Public: It is permission-less to join the network.
- Private: The permission to join is centrally controlled.
- Hybrid: Multi-parties control the permission to join.
Hardware: computer resources = computing + networking + storage
Basic Utils: P2P network + crypto + data storage w/ db or filesystem
Ledger: chain of data blocks + domain-specific data models
Consensus: write first consensus later (PoW/PoS/DPoS) / consensus first write later (PBFT)
Smart Contract: limited program running on the blockchain
API: RPC + SDK
dApps: 1) transfer of values 2) data certification 3) data access control
DevOps: deployment, operations, metrics, logs
- crypto exchange: binance, coinbase, etc.
- international payments: ripple, stellar, etc.
- Know Your Customer (KYC) / anti-money laundry (AML): civic
- sharing data across providers, insurers, vendors, auditors, etc
- asset tokenization
- transparent voting in public election
Energy and resources
- sharing data across suppliers, shippers, contractors, and authorities
Technology, media, and telecom
- DRM and incentivizing content creator
- securing operations and data storage of IoT devices
Consumer and industrial products
- loyalty points programs in traveling
- document signing
- supply-chain management