Mark Zuckerberg is building WeChat for the West20321 2019-05-09 21:50
Facebook is a very profitable company. Its operating margins = 42%
operating margin = operating income / net sales operating income = gross income − (operating expenses + depreciation and amortization)
When it is transiting into a privacy-centric super app, there are three challenges.
- Technical. How to bridge apps like WhatsApp and Instagram when turning them into a uniform platform?
- China has no dominant app stores so that WeChat grows to the platform of choice. However, in the US, there are Apple and Google.
- WeChat is no cash cow. It’s hard to micro-target ads against privacy-preserved users.
- Privacy and competition.
- No country wants one firm to monopolize the Internet.
- Social network + private messaging = Windows OS + IE